2023 IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
Friday, July 7 – Preliminary Entry Form Deadline to register your project (intent to compete)
Friday, July 14 – Official Binder Pick-up from the ABC of Oklahoma Office
Friday, August 11 - Deadline to submit the Official Entry Form Binder. Applicants will have until 5:00pm to return Official Binders.
Mid-September – All applicants will receive an email detailing the results. Local winners are automatically qualified to enter the ABC National Excellence in Construction Awards Competition. Go to www.abc.org/eic for the National EIC details. (Do not announce if you won until after the Gala.)
Thursday, November 2 - Winners will be celebrated at the Annual ABC of Oklahoma Excellence in Construction Awards Gala in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
ELIGIBILITY & CRITERIA
ABC Membership Required:
Any general contractor or subcontractor member in good standing of Associated Builders & Contractors of Oklahoma may enter. However, there is no geographic limitation on the location of any project entered. Only projects completed between October 16, 2022 through October 15, 2023 are eligible. The date on the Certificate of Substantial Completion shall determine the project’s completion.
Owner’s written approval for projects to be entered and judged should be obtained in advance.
ABC National has implemented some changes to their safety policy that we at ABC of Oklahoma have adopted. See the below 6 requirements:
1) A company that experiences a safety-related fatality of a direct employee in the United States within the current program year is not eligible for an EIC award.
2) A company that experienced a safety-related fatality of a direct employee in the United States within two and three years of the current program year is required to provide additional information regarding action that has been taken following the fatality.
3) A project that involves prime, multiprime or subcontractors with a safety-related fatality is not eligible to be considered for an EIC award.
4) A company that does not provide its OSHA Form 300 and OSHA Form 300A for the year(s) the submitted project was under construction is not eligible for an EIC award.
5) A company that has not signed the Construction Coalition for a Drug- and Alcohol-Free Workplace pledge at drugfreeconstruction.org is not eligible for an EIC award.
6) A company that does not have a written safety and health policy manual is not eligible for an EIC award.
The preliminary entry fee is non-refundable. Be sure to review the application criteria and eligibility prior to entering your submission.
JUDGING AND WINNER NOTIFICATIONS
A panel of judges representing a cross section of the industry will select our winners. Judges will evaluate entries based on the material submitted and will consider factors such as attractiveness of design, complexity, workmanship, innovation, unusual challenges or problems overcome, etc. No member or staff of Associated Builders & Contractors of Oklahoma will participate as judges.
EIC award applicants will be notified after the judging process detailing the results. News releases are embargoed until after the actual awards ceremony takes place. Until that time, the winners agree to not send out a press release.
WINNING PROJECT INFORMATION FORMS
ABC will send out forms seeking details on the following information:
Winners Information Form for each project, detailing who will accept the Eagle Award on stage and which onsite/field individuals will receive a medallion during the presentation. ABC is proud to recognize and celebrate with you the onsite craft workers that are the heart of our industry.
The 8” Eagle Replica Order Form allows you to order replicas of your Eagle Award for you to personally recognize others associated with your project. ABC members often present these awards to project owners, architects, and other special individuals or companies who contributed to the success of the project. These 8” eagles will be on your table at the banquet so you may present them at your convenience.
Reservation Form for the awards gala will be emailed at a later date. Upon winning an award, notify and invite other members of the project team (owner, architect, subcontractors, etc.) to participate in the awards ceremony.
ABC OF OKLAHOMA EXCELLENCE IN CONSTRUCTION AWARDS GALA
The Awards Gala will include a social time, special dinner and awards presentation. The awards program will feature a multi-media presentation highlighting the “Award of Excellence Eagle” award winners, STEP recipients and sponsors. In addition to being highlighted in the printed program, each award-winning project will be recognized in a special edition of The Advantage magazine, on the ABC of Oklahoma website and a news release for Eagle Award winners distributed to local media outlets.
All chapter winners are eligible to enter the National “Excellence in Construction” Awards Competition, sponsored by National Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc.